Thursday 8 March 2012

Brief 02 - Fashion -Identity - Logo

I chose 6 logo ideas to take forward and develop, so I can present them to Lorin, and allow her to choose which she likes and what she thinks works best. I will experiment with using them with the typefaces too, to see how they work together. The logo's use the initials LS, in a subtle way, to represent Lorin Shepherdson. This is a norm in the fashion world to use initials as the logo, as people can recognise it easily and quickly relate it to the designer.

1. I chose this logo concept, that works with straight linear lines in a cubed form, representing Lorin's fragment structure and reflecting her architectural inspiration. The logo has potential to work well as a repeat pattern, and it can also be recognised form various angles. However, it may not be reflecting Lorin as a haute couture designer, as it doesn't seem to have that impact, and it isn't quite feminine. I will develop it and see how it can be used, to see if it works:


2. I chose this logo concept, with it fluid movement and subtle use of the LS initials, it can also be recognised upside down, to read in the same way. I will develop thus further as I think it has potential. However, it does remind me of cartoon of steam rising from a hot cup of tea! I will test this weights to see how this can improve:

3. I chose this logo concept again with the subtle use of the LS initials, however this time there are L's on each serif of the S. Which allows for readability at any angle. The logo is simple and elegant and has that fluid movement that relates to her Parisian architectural inspiration, that has the same curves. The use of their logo on an angle also gives a sort of diamond appearance, which represents importance.


4. I chose this logo concept, which is similar to the above however the Lines coming for the curves are longer, which frames the logo more. This gives a more 'sacred' feel to it, reflecting the exclusive designs. I think this logo has a lot of potential, and I am going to develop it to push it as far as I can. It has a 40's feel to it, as it is strong, bold and feminine:


5. I chose this logo design, again similar to the above but with a border of two L's. The logo works at various angles and the frame gives it that importance that it needs:

6. I chose this logo design, as I have shown it to Lorin previously and she has liked it, but i said I would develop it further, yet also offer her various other logo design (above). It is simple and feminine, and used the LS initials subtly.

No comments:

Post a Comment